Autumn Tag

Saturday, September 14

I was tagged by the gorgeous Lauren found at The Emerald Dove to take part in the autumn tag! She is fabulous and has perfect taste in everything. Go love her. And you can see the original post over on Georgina's blog Makeup Pixi3. There are links to a bunch of the other tag answers that I loved reading. Thanks Georgina for starting the tag!

So let's get down to tag business!

Here are the questions:

For Autumn, what is your...
1. Favorite thing about it?
2. Favorite drink?
3. Favorite scent/candle?
4. Best lipstick?
5. Go to moisturizer?
6. Go to colors for eyes?
7 Favorite music or band/singer to listen to?
8. Favorite outfit to wear
9. Autumn treat (i.e. a new scarf or bag you have your eye on)
10. Favorite place to be?

1. Favorite thing about it?
I love how new it all feels. The crisp air renews my dedication and my zest for life. I adore summer but sometimes heat drags me down too deep. I love the grey rain clouds rolling in and leaving red leaves behind them as the season changes. I love weather that is slightly melancholic. It makes me feel all artistic and inspired :)
via WeHeartIt
2. Favorite drink?
I love working in a coffee shop in the winter and fall because all of the fun seasonal drinks come back. My favorite drink is for sure a chai with a pump of pumpkin spice. Chai is such a warm flavor and having a dash of pumpkin spice gives it a hint of the pumpkin flavor without killing it with sweetness. It is perfect. Also. So is this.
via SomeECards
3. Favorite scent/candle?
Favorite scent is the working in a coffee shop smell. From autumn until winter is over, it is always a bit busier and everyone is so happy to have their peppermint and pumpkin spice. I love the smell of steamed soy milk so much. That smells like fall to me. Someone make me that candle.

4. Best lipstick?
I really love Revlon Rich Girl Red. It's really a red that pops without being overpowering.
She is wearing it here.
via BeautyTidbits
5. Go to moisturizer? 
I don't really switch moisturizers based on seasons. My skin is finicky about product change so I stick with my Clean and Clear Advantage oil free Acne Control Moisturizer. It feels so good and smells like a clean baby.

6. Go to color for eyes?
I have been obsessively using an Ulta eye palate all year. But I've recently become obsessed with the color called Social Climber. It's a really dark smokey brown with some sparkle to it. Very much like the leaves in the fall.
via Ulta
7. Favorite music?
My music already is pretty fall sounding I think. I listen to mostly indie folk and acoustic anyway which is perfect for fall. But right now I've been obsessively listening to Mumford and Sons. I've had a very tough time lately and my favorite band always helps. And they just are made for fall. Also every season.

8. Favorite outfit to wear?
I live for wearing my boots and slouchy knit hats. Boots for days, yo. And scarves. Also leggings and dresses. It's all my favorite. But boots are where my heart is.

9. Autumn treat for myself?
I am severely lacking money right now for new treats but I would love some more boots and slouchy sweaters :) So, anyone wanna donate money to my fashion cause?

10. Favorite place to be?
I love taking drives in the mountains in the fall. Driving in my car is the greatest solace I could experience and in the winter, I am unable to take long drives for a few months, which often leaves me moody and feeling really boxed in. It's important on my big car rides that I'm able to have my windows open so in September and October I take advantage of the last few snow free days here and let the wind blow me around the mountains up here. 
Took this on my drive today. For real, nature?

YAY fall! I tag everyone to do this. We clearly all love fall and I'd love to know all of your favorites :)

5 comments:

  1. This is such a cute post and is making me look forward to Autumn even more than usual! Totally agree with all that you say, I just love the smell inside coffee shops, yum! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely loving that red lipstick! Wanting to try that brand!
    xo TJ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved reading your answers! The picture about the Pumpkin Spiced Latte made me laugh rather a lot! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.