8.1.13

Thursday, August 1

"August, die she must. The autumn winds blow chilly and cold."
-Simon and Garfunkel,
April Come She Will

I hope August doesn't die too quickly. It's coming in beautifully today though. It's super windy outside and the clouds are holding hands with the trees outside my window. As soon as this post is up, I plan to spend the day curled outside under a tree with a book in hand and a puppy by my side. 

via WeHeartIt
August is shaping up to be a great month already. I'm getting ready to move into my new place which I will be in on September 1st, I start my first real dental assisting job (which is an unpaid internship but.. whatever) on MONDAY! GUYS WHAT. Yesterday was my very last day of school. I cannot believe I did it. In one year I finished a dental assisting program. 

My favorite part of August was always going back to school and sadly this year, I don't get to do that. I have to wait until January until I head back to school to finish my English undergrad but, I'm nothing if not patient. 

I hope you are all as excited about August as I am. I love the fall and I love how August ushers in the fall so gently. We are so close to pumpkin things and cozy sweaters and chilly rain storms. I cannot wait. I'm paralyzed with happiness. 

August always makes me feel nostalgic too. Nostalgic for first days of school and endings of the epic summers of my younger years that weren't so focused on work and adult life. (What even is grocery shopping?) And if you know me, you know I love nostalgia. It's probably my favorite of all emotions. It's warm and also chilly, distant but so close. 

Here's a song I've been listening to on repeat for the past two weeks. It's by a guy named Julian Smith who I have stalked on youtube for years. You may know him for his Malk video, or perhaps Hot Kool Aid? (Personally my favorite video of his is this one right here. This is my theme song.) Anywhhaaaay... he's so cute and so hilarious and also has a beautiful voice. This song is so perfect and nostalgic and beautiful. And I'd marry him tomorrow so. #noshame

Enjoy and happy August, lovelies :)


3 comments:

  1. Great post! A beautiful quote and one of the most well written posts I have read in a while - you really do write very well! Good luck with the job! And thanks for the comment on my blog - I enjoy seeing your name pop up on my page! :)
    www.theemeralddove21.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. August is lovely, but I'm always sad to see summer end. However the way you've described fall has me feeling nostalgic as well. I do love coziness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you've described nostalgia perfectly. i love this weather right now. it's low 20s so it's warm but not too warm, pre-fall kind of weather. i love sweater weather the best, but i'm really not looking forward to losing all this green and the bleakness of winter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your words; they light a fire in my heart. You are lovely.